Sunday, May 16, 2010

Namesake

 


If you ever wondered where the Joanne in Riley Joanne came from, well, here she is. Joanne Backus, my mom's best friend and my friend/mentor. She is the one who told me being a middle child really wasn't all that bad, took me on fun trips WITHOUT my sisters, and best of all...was the first to introduce me to Dove chocolate ice cream bars...I still remember being in her car at the grocery store across from Wildcat lake. She handed it to me and said this is the best chocolate ice cream you will ever taste! It is so creamy and yummy--you'll love it! And I loved it for two reasons, 1. my mom would have never given me an ice cream bar, let alone chocolate--Mom's idea of a treat was a Dole fruit and juice bar! 2. They really are creamy and yummy!! So if Riley turns out to be 1/2 the super deluxe woman Joanne is, then we will be superbly blessed! We love you Joanne!

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mullin family said...

Cute picture !

Smith Family said...

Great picture.

Anonymous said...

WHAT WONDERFUL PICTURES OF JOANNE AND RILEY!