Sunday, January 18, 2009

Frequent Flier

 


On our trip to Centralia to visit my family, Riley got to fly on her first airplane. I was excited because her first airplane ride was on the airline I work for, SkyWest. Getting through security with her and all of her gear (i.e. stroller, car seat, etc) proved to be a challenge Dan and I passed with flying colors. I was feeling pretty good about us and how well we travelled....that was until it came to our trip back to Denver. Once again we rode on SkyWest out of Eugene, OR. As a dutiful mother and flight attendant I made sure to check Riley's diaper before we boarded. All was well. We got on board, were no more than 40 minutes into our flight when I noticed a certain smell...I looked down at Riley and low and behold she had had a blowout. So I took her to the bathroom to change her, no big deal right? HA! I have never seen so much poop in my life. And being a babysitter/nanny/flight attendant I have seen major poops. But not like this. This diaper was filled front to back, side to side, even the tabs had poop! I had to wipe the poop out of her bellybutton for heaven's sake! Have I mentioned all of this was done in an airplane lavetory??? Needless to say, I have saved her ticket stub--it will be going in her baby book...I am thinking this will be a good story to tell when her prom date comes over, graduation...ahhh motherhood...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mullin family said...

Oh My! How could such a sweet baby do such a thing? Did she talk to Thomas before the flight? Thomas had a major blow out when he was about a year old on a flight from PDX to RNO. Such fun!

Smith Family said...

Way to make the flight exciting Riley!