Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cooking with Emmy--

For Christmas my sister got me the "Pioneer Woman Cooks" By Ree Drummond. I have never met her, but I think we would be friends if we lived in the same rural area. She too came from city life and married into rural country life. She lives on a ranch and I on a farm...She wrote this cookbook to help others everywhere learn to cook some "cowboy" worthy meals. Dan isn't so much a "cowboy" as he is a "farm boy" but I think it is a pretty safe assumption that while they do very different work, their appetites are much the same!
So in honor of my New Year's goal to be a better housewife I thought I would try some of her recipe's. What I should do is set a goal to make Dan each of the recipe's in her book(hmmm, we may have to revisit that thought). But for now I thought I would show you my first recipe. Chicken Pot Pie. I like to just call it SUPER DE-LISH. Thank you Pioneer Woman!! :)
Riley helped and Dan gave the thumbs up and said I should be very proud of myself, for it was really good!
 


I think he's right, because between only 2 adults and a pint size 2yr old, this is all that's left!
 

Maybe chicken fried steak tomorrow??? We'll see...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Grandma Pam said...

Way to go Emily!!!!! It looks delicious!!!! I love your little helper in the apron. Hi Riley!!!!

Anonymous said...

EMILY, The crust looks so good! Such a nice golden brown. Love you Mom
PS (fine looking helper you have)

Mullin family said...

Yummers! If you make the chicken fried steak expect Jerry to be knocking at your door at dinner time! :)

Smith Family said...

Wow! We're coming for dinner. Yum.