Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dinner is Served!

 

Chicken Fried Steak AND Gravy. And yes, they were BOTH from scratch. I am pretty doggone proud of myself. I have never really been much of a cook, and to be able to cook one of Dan's FAVORITE meals...well, let's just say I was a bit intimidated. As he watched from the living room, I think he was a little skeptical too. However, I didn't burn the house down (there was a little smoke)and Dan gave me a 7 out of 10. Then he thought about it a bit and said "nah, I think I'll give you an 8 considering the tools you have to work with!" If you haven't seen our oven/stove...take a look at some of the older photos and I am sure the color will give it's age away! But she (our oven) is still kicking and so we'll keep using her until she dies. We had a pretty good dinner tonight. Maybe sometime you could come and join us?

Maybe then I'll try mashed potatoes. Yes, I know. Hi, My name is Emily Gibson. I am 3? years old and I have never made mashed potatoes from scratch.

Just luv me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: