Friday, October 21, 2011

Reason #57: Why I will NEVER have a cooking show

I thought I would make a nice dinner for my family. I thought I would try a new recipe. Or 3. I also thought I had turned on the back burner. I had not. Thankfully, Dan saw what was happening and grabbed it before the whole thing caught on fire. (who says a husband can't be handy sometimes?)

Yes, this is a picture of my trash. Do you notice all the uncooked rice? That would be my next fiasco...knocking over the "just been opened" box of instant rice. We now have 1/4 box left. *sigh*

This, however, is a picture of my final products. Despite all the craziness, they turned out rather nicely! The fried rice, teriyaki (or yucki sauce as Riley calls it--she can't quite seem to get the TERI part to come out) and the honey butter were all SUPER SUPER DE-LISH!!!
Now that I have hopefully worked out the kinks, I may make them again! Or maybe even try another new recipe....I may wait till the smoke clears a little though....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mullin family said...

Well WE would watch you cooking show! And "when the smoke clears" would be a perfect name for your show! You are a fab cook Em, keep up the good work, just not the trying to start a fire part :)